Friday, January 4, 2008

ER

So on New Years Eve, Zach was playing airplane (balance kid on feet in the air while holding on to their hands) with Reagan and she started screaming. Since she cried every time we moved her arm, we decided it was best to beat the New Years Eve E.R rush and took her to the hospital at 7:50. They took an x-ray at 8:30, and around 9:15 the Dr. came in and told us that nothing was broken. He examined her arm, then held her elbow, twisted her wrist, she screamed and then it was over. He said "Yep, she had Nursemaids Elbow", and showed Zach how to pop it into place just like he had done, if it happened again. We left around 9:50 and picked up our tired kids (Lincoln and McKinley) from Aunt Rachelle's house and went home. Pretty exciting! I am mostly in shock that it only took 2 hours start to finish to get in and out of the emergency room.

3 comments:

Sara B said...

Kate! So glad it wasn't anything major- what a great way to end the year, right?

Emilee said...

I'm so glad that it wasn't broken!!

Sarah Steele said...

Kate!!!! Are you guys going to St. George this weekend or are you staying in Vegas? Because Savannah, Liz, Zac, Logan and I would love to see you and those sweet kids. We miss you like crazy! So email me or call me and let me know what your plans are...and I'll call you soon!!!!