Thursday, September 18, 2008

School

Lincoln started school this week. It didn't start off so great. Kicking and screaming to say the least. But today, Thursday, day #4, was better. No tears, no yelling or hiding. It has been murder trying to ask him what happened, if he made friends, what he did at recess... etc...

So last night he finally opened up a tiny bit. He was telling us about the letter they went over... the letter B. He said "I tried to tell my teacher that I knew all about B. Like BULLET and BB Gun and BOW, but she didn't call on me." He wasn't that disappointed and neither was I. She'd probably start checking his backpack for weapons if every answer he gives has to do with hunting and weapons!!! 5 year olds rock!

2 comments:

Jon and Ashley said...

That is so hilarious. Lincoln knows exactly what he is talking about. I'm so glad it is getting better for him.

The Walkers said...

He is such a sweet little boy, and I hope it gets better and better every week. I love that he knows all about the letter B because of all his weapons!! That is so funny!