Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Who Says...


Whoever said that you can't bottle up happiness, joy and contentment? Because I sure did.... 38 times :) Thanks to Sara and Denett and my hubby Zach, I was able to can all three boxes of peaches on Saturday and Monday. Oh yeah, and my Mother-in-law who lent me a few extra jars! It was fantastic! I love being somewhat self sufficient. I am a little sad it's over, and am willing and happy to help anyone else who would like a hand building up their reserve of canned food... pay it forward...

7 comments:

Emilee said...

Talk about being able to enjoy the FRUITS of your labor!

Jon and Ashley said...

That is seriously impressive. I have never canned before, but my sister thinks it is the best thing.

Greg said...

I'm sure I'll need your help because once Greg sees this he will be on my case about why I can't be more like his mom and sisters. Not to mention, we would love to have the peaches on hand so that I can make Peach Pie (like his mom and sisters)!

MyOwnLittleCornerhttp://lovinnarobb.blogspot.com/ said...

They look great! It makes me a little sad and lonely for the day I used to have rows of fruit, etc. on my own cupboard...but not enough to do any. Wait, I have two boxes coming on Friday! Oh, I will freeze them. Good job Kate!

Pam Headlee said...

What I would give to have been there to help you...! I am so proud of you! There must be something in your blood that causes you to put up large volumes of food! I love you.

kim dance said...

I just finished mine today!!! I got 48 jars of happiness. I did the first 21 last night and then Lizzy helped me with the last 27 this morning. It's much more fun with someone to talk to. Danielle came over and said, "Kimmy, who cans still these days? This reminds me of your mother!" Truth be told! :)

The Walkers said...

I thought it was more fun to watch the boys do it than anything else!! Lincoln was such a cute little helper too...what a sweetie.