The title of this post means sooooo much. The wait. The anticipation. The let down! The fun filled night! It's all over! To make my long story short. I didn't love the movie. Yikes. Don't hate me friends who LOVED it. It's just my tiny opinion. Don't be sending hate mail. But would I change anything about the night (other than the quality of the movie)? NO WAY BABY! If you want the long version... here is the play by play!
Here is the crew in the suburban on the way to Walmartto grab some snacks before the show!
Way in the back is Melissa (Emily B.'s sister-in-law) and Emily Bowman. In front is Sara Steele (my cuz) Jenna Hibbard and Myself.
In the Front Front, Driving is Rachel Simpson and shotgun is Ashely Bailey.
(Side note: Amazing picture going 55 miles an hour. She didn't even swerve. I would have killed us all!)
This is the crew outside of Walmart after making a few essential purchases.
(I love AMERICA and I'm not afraid to say Merry Christmas either.
Show some pride! Hollaaaaaaaaaaaaar! Sorry, the movie buzz hasn't quite gone away)
Family size bag of Reeses Pieces: $2.68
Cheddar Cheese Pringles: $1
Cheddar Cheese Pringles: $1
1 liter of a fantastic generic diet cherry coke: $1
Going to see the 12am release of your favorite book Twilight:
PricelessThere are somethings money can't buy. For everything else there's WALMART!
(I love AMERICA and I'm not afraid to say Merry Christmas either.
Show some pride! Hollaaaaaaaaaaaaar! Sorry, the movie buzz hasn't quite gone away)
After some smooth finagling, we switched our tickets from the 12:00am show to the 12:30am show which wasn't sold out yet. Therefore we got to be in the FRONT of the 12:30 line, and only had to wait an extra 30 minutes for PERFECT SEATS. In the long run... way worth it!
FINALLY. After months of anticipation. The moment of truth. We were all almost falling asleep and had lost our steam. That lasted until the disturbing previews which woke us all up from laughter or terror, it was a good mix of both! We were the first ones into the theater and it remained half full for a while (hence no one in the back of this photo). But by show time, the place was packed! From what I could tell, we were one of the biggest group of 20-30 year old people to go in together. GIRL POWER. We wanted safety in number in case we had to lay the smack down on retarted teenagers who would be texting or screaming to ruin the movie. Truth be told, we did a lot of screaming and oooooo'ing and ahhhhh'ing ourselves.
Thanks ladies, it was a blast!
Thanks ladies, it was a blast!
Before I go into my thoughts on the movie I have to tell you that I anticipated a train wreck for the movie TWILIGHT since I heard it was being made into a motion picture. I have been reading books that have had movies made after them, and the only movies that haven't totally "bitten" (twilight humor slippin' in) are THE NOTEBOOK, and THE DA VINCI CODE. I haven't tried anything huge like LORD OF THE RINGS, or HARRY POTTER, but from the 5 or 6 others that I have compared (not claiming to be an expert), they just haven't lived up the books.
So, my official take on the movie. UNDER BUDGET. Money can buy EVERYTHING. Great actors, great directors, super sets... you get my drift.
Things I thought were actually good:
Esme's Character
So, my official take on the movie. UNDER BUDGET. Money can buy EVERYTHING. Great actors, great directors, super sets... you get my drift.
Things I thought were actually good:
Esme's Character
Carlisle's Character
Alice's Character
Jacob's Character
Bill's Character
Bella's Circle of Friends
Bella's House
Bella's Truck
Forks School
The Wandering Vampires.
Alice's Character
Jacob's Character
Bill's Character
Bella's Circle of Friends
Bella's House
Bella's Truck
Forks School
The Wandering Vampires.
I did LOVE Port Angeles. That was one of the best 5 minutes of the movie
Here are a few of my negatives:
I thought they rushed the "meadow" scene. I thought they rushed the relationship part in the beginning. I didn't feel the attraction between Bella and Edward. Edward just looked like he was going to puke most of the time. The only reason I knew what was going on was because of the book.
I was totally bugged that Bella came off as annoyed half the time instead of unsure of herself. She was supposed to be more awkward and self conscience. Instead she came off as pissy and put off.
Why didn't "going to the prom" stay a surprise? That was half the reason it was awesome! That would have built on Bella's and Alice's relationship a bit too.
Did anyone else think that Jasper came off as TOTALLY FREAKY? OH MY! I thought he was a mute. He reminded me of Edward Scissor Hands! Crazy!
I didn't think Rosalie's character was very good. Enough said.
I know there were a few other good parts, and lot more bad parts, but I only have so much time.... and the napping kids are almost done napping! So, I didn't Love or even like the movie. Maybe if I saw it again I would think differently. In the words of Randy Jackson "It was just OK for me Dawg"! But you better believe that I will be at the 12:00am showing of New Moon. No doubt. I can't let these opportunities pass by. I had never gone to a midnight release of a movie before. Now I can see why, even though the film itself wasn't the best. Besides, Victoria was AMAZING. I can't wait to see what she'll be like as a more active part in the next movie. The last 60 seconds of the movie gave me the chills.
Here are a few of my negatives:
I thought they rushed the "meadow" scene. I thought they rushed the relationship part in the beginning. I didn't feel the attraction between Bella and Edward. Edward just looked like he was going to puke most of the time. The only reason I knew what was going on was because of the book.
I was totally bugged that Bella came off as annoyed half the time instead of unsure of herself. She was supposed to be more awkward and self conscience. Instead she came off as pissy and put off.
Why didn't "going to the prom" stay a surprise? That was half the reason it was awesome! That would have built on Bella's and Alice's relationship a bit too.
Did anyone else think that Jasper came off as TOTALLY FREAKY? OH MY! I thought he was a mute. He reminded me of Edward Scissor Hands! Crazy!
I didn't think Rosalie's character was very good. Enough said.
I know there were a few other good parts, and lot more bad parts, but I only have so much time.... and the napping kids are almost done napping! So, I didn't Love or even like the movie. Maybe if I saw it again I would think differently. In the words of Randy Jackson "It was just OK for me Dawg"! But you better believe that I will be at the 12:00am showing of New Moon. No doubt. I can't let these opportunities pass by. I had never gone to a midnight release of a movie before. Now I can see why, even though the film itself wasn't the best. Besides, Victoria was AMAZING. I can't wait to see what she'll be like as a more active part in the next movie. The last 60 seconds of the movie gave me the chills.
Please feel free to comment. Agreeing or disagreeing! It's all good to me.
I love having something to analyze other than "what did my kid eat that would make their poop that color?"!!!
Hollaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar!
Kate
I love having something to analyze other than "what did my kid eat that would make their poop that color?"!!!
Hollaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar!
Kate
10 comments:
Fo sho agree. Can't make my list of disappointments large enough. Neither Bella nor Edward smiled for the first 75% of the movie and so it was hard to connect to the characters. That was my major bust- and the fact that they changed SO much stuff. I know they have to do that when they turn a book into a movie.... I LOVED getting lost in the books so the movie was just ok for me too. BUT the screaming fans were totally fun! Premier weekend (esp midnight showing) is def the way to go on super huge slash fun movies like this (minus the creepy previews)
As a non-reader of Twilight (I know it's almost a sin to most people), I definitely agree with. I think everyone who is saying that they LOVED the movie is just in denial. I think that they are afraid to admit that they didn't like. I didn't think the movie was awful, but it definitely wasn't great either.
Without reading the book, I was clueless as to what was going on through a lot of the movie. I kept having to lean over to my friend and ask questions!
I don't hate you for being a hater, yes I quite enjoyed myself and am seeing it again tomorrow night. :)
You did, however, hit the nail on the head as far as a night out with friends is concerned. I don't think a night of rushing a movie theatre with a bunch of 12 year old girls and good girlfriends to claim the best seat possible can ever truly be desribed through words. You ABSOLUTELY have to live it understand the rush!
Here's to friends willing to do fun exhausting things with us. And for New Moon. I'll be right there with ya..."Dawg."
I agree with you on a lot of things, like how Jasper was... um... a zombie? I felt like it was Bella who was about to throw up everytime she talked. I really liked Rosalie's actress and how she played the character, I thought she was prettier than Alice. Definitely did not feel the love connection. I heard it gets better the 2nd time... or 3rd or 4th.... thanks for the fun night, and hopefully they'll put more $ into "New Moon"
I thought the same thing about Jasper! HAHAHAHA!! There were pluses and minuses through out but I liked it. books are always better though =)
I totally agree with you on all points. And Jasper.. YES HE WAS SOOO FREAKY!!!!! I thought it was way under budget also, but I can't wait for New Moon to come out. Now that Twilight made some $$$ it shouldn't be as "cheesy"!!!
Sadly...I enjoyed it but I went in with very low expectations because movies are NEVER as good as the book. We went with a bunch of girls as well...Yes we all had on matching shirts, but who are we trying to impress? I also had to comment on Lincoln's comments about hunting, I was laughing so hard and then I got my husband to read them and he said... "I hope we have a boy next." I looked at him like he was crazy because the thought Of another kid right now makes me panic! I love all your pics!!
You hit everything right on the head. My feellings exactly!!
First of all I have to say that my sister-in-law loved you. She was so glad that you were part of our group. Secondly, I don't think I disliked as many things about the movie as you did, but I do hope that they will do a little better with the next one. The werewolves could be so cool if they are done right. My one main disagreement (and I think I disagree with everyone on this) is that I think the guy playing Jasper did a really good job. He really acted like a very new vegetarian vampire who has a hard time being around humans. Seriously, he'd rather eat everyone around him than go to school with them. I would be uncomfortable too. I think how relaxed he was in the baseball scene was what showed how he is when he is not around a school full of humans or in a kitchen right next to one. Overall, I love this post, Kate. You did a great overview. And I cannot wait for our midnight outing to New Moon.
I realize I'm very late in leaving a comment, and I can't believe that I haven't even talked to you about the movie yet. But I agree with you on a lot of points, and of course disagree on other things. I overall liked the movie, knew it wasn't going to be something I loved, but it was better than I thought. And YES, if you go see it a second time, it does get better. The details come out a little more that they could do with the little money they had. Edward becomes more believable too. Loved your overview anyway! Bummed that I missed out on the fun, but I am such a zombie that late at night!
Post a Comment