Saturday, December 20, 2008

Our newest addtion


Don't even think about asking! The newest addition I am talking about is CHICKS. They arrived last Friday, December 12th. They were dropped off by the post office, and Reagan said "I can't wait to open these babies up!". The kids were in LOVE with these cute little poopers! They all held them for hours and named, and renamed them (when they found out they were all girls). There were 18 total. And they will be divided between 3 different families once they are big enough to be away from the group. What the purpose? Self sufficiency and childhood memories. I wanted a pet that was useful to me. So my kids can learn to take care of animals, while I get dozens of eggs a week. Hopefully they make it to maturity and are prosperous little ladies! Zach is going to be building our coup on the side of the house hidden by a gate. I have no doubt that the structure will be amazing (looking at Zach's history of building and creating)!
Wish us luck!


4 comments:

Hibbard Family said...

I love it! I've always wanted chickens so I could have my own eggs. Tell Zach I may be putting him to work sometime soon.... so what names did they settle on?

Alli Waldron said...

only you guys would buy chicks! that is too funny! you definitely have to post a pick when zack finishes his handy craft!

Emily B said...

If you get too many eggs, are you going to sell some? I would love to just run up the street if I need some eggs.

Zach and Kate Hulet said...

When I asked the magic eight ball if I would have a surplus of eggs it said "OUTCOME PROBABLE"!