We've all heard of "spring cleaning".... well, what about "fall chucking"? because that's what I feel like doing. As I get ready for the holidays, as I pack up summer clothes and pull out wintertime ones, I've come across LOADS of "junk" I feel like chucking (a.k.a. getting rid of), but I can't quite seem to part with it. So rather than just sending it to D.I (which is still good to do) I figured we might as well set up a swap meet of sorts. After all "one woman's trash is another woman's treasure". Sometimes I just need one or two "new" things to liven up my house. And who knows, maybe YOU are the one storing MY potential new centerpiece in your garage right now and really NEVER intend to use it again anyway!!! Maybe you got a gift from someone and can't seem to part with it even though your husband refuses to let it indoors? Or a gift from Mother-in-law that was the wrong shade of red, but you would LOVE to see it go to a good home! Maybe someone else can give a nightstand or table, and with a new coat of paint you turn it into the rooms focal point? Let's RECYCLE OUR STUFF!!
So, NEXT FRIDAY, OCTOBER 16th from 9:30-11:30 we are having our first annual Junk in your Trunk exchange.
How does it work? You drive to my street with a car/truck/van filled, or not so filled, with things you are done using (kids and husbands are the only excluded items). You can display items on your seats, roof, hood, trunk or on the sidewalk by your vehicle. Then strap your kids in a stroller and walk up and down the street by the other "vendors" and see if there is anything you could use.
What can you bring? ANYTHING. Clothing, furniture, appliances, sports equipment, crafts, blankets, baby stuff, the sky is the limit. If you have an item that might be questionable... email me... I can set up a place for "unmentionables" if there are any.
Who can come? ANYONE. Even if you don't BRING anything, you can still come and rummage.
What do we do with leftovers? D.I. BABY! The D.I trailer will be in the Stake Center parking lot (off of Buffalo and Robindale) THE FOLLOWING DAY. So anything you don't get rid of... just keep in your trunk and drop it off 24 hours later!
SO! You have 1 week to prepare.... go through your closet, start reorganizing your house, clean out the garage NOW and make piles for our FIRST of many.... JUNK IN YOUR TRUNK exchange!
So, NEXT FRIDAY, OCTOBER 16th from 9:30-11:30 we are having our first annual Junk in your Trunk exchange.
How does it work? You drive to my street with a car/truck/van filled, or not so filled, with things you are done using (kids and husbands are the only excluded items). You can display items on your seats, roof, hood, trunk or on the sidewalk by your vehicle. Then strap your kids in a stroller and walk up and down the street by the other "vendors" and see if there is anything you could use.
What can you bring? ANYTHING. Clothing, furniture, appliances, sports equipment, crafts, blankets, baby stuff, the sky is the limit. If you have an item that might be questionable... email me... I can set up a place for "unmentionables" if there are any.
Who can come? ANYONE. Even if you don't BRING anything, you can still come and rummage.
What do we do with leftovers? D.I. BABY! The D.I trailer will be in the Stake Center parking lot (off of Buffalo and Robindale) THE FOLLOWING DAY. So anything you don't get rid of... just keep in your trunk and drop it off 24 hours later!
SO! You have 1 week to prepare.... go through your closet, start reorganizing your house, clean out the garage NOW and make piles for our FIRST of many.... JUNK IN YOUR TRUNK exchange!
7 comments:
Love the idea!! We will have to start going through our crappage.....
Of Course! I just BBBS haul away my junk yesterday. I'm sure I can find more by then. And I'll definitely have to do some "Christmas shopping".
ha ha! LOVE IT!!! great idea! I LOVE chucking stuff...very therapeutic. :) I'll be there.
I just made a huge pile last night and will add more throughout the week. Can't wait! What a great idea!!!!
FANTASTIC IDEA... I have been giving away so much lately, but I am sure I can come up with lots more. I will make sure to spread the word!
ps. long time no see!
Great idea! I should do that over hear. As they say "One's man junk is another man's treasure." :)
Kate, I just love reading your blog. You're amazing. Wish we weren't so far apart (on the map).- Jen
Post a Comment