Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Fathers Day Cinnamon Rolls

A friend of mine who serves in her ward's Relief Society presidency, hired me to make cinnamon rolls for Father's Day. She needed 7 dozen cinnamon rolls for her 8am church. I knew I wasn't crazy enough to make them the day of (5 am wake up doesn't appeal to me right now), so I made them Saturday night so they could be as fresh as possible.

My kids can't stand it when I make cinnamon rolls for an "assignment". It usually means none left for them. But this time I happen to purposefully make extras for the cinnamon roll vultures who were circling me. It works to my advantage really. 3 cinnamon rolls/kid for dinner... awesome!




{Cousin Simon... His mouth had been watering for over an hour!!!}


{5 of the 7 pans. 4 of the cutest kids!}

Ironically, when I called Simon's Mom (my sister Rachelle) to make arrangements for his pick up... she was just wrapping up her 10 dozen or so that she had been asked to make for Father's Day as well! All I can say is that I'm sure we make our mother proud... and the apples don't fall far from the tree!

1 comment:

melissa said...

Yum again. Have you posted this recipe somewhere? I need to try these, too. :) xoxo When do we get to do another Robb reunion? But I guess now that I'm in CA and not UT, I probably wouldn't attend... Sad. Oh well, we'll have to find another way to get together someday! Maybe someday a wedding for Meegs? Maybe someday. (By the way, I'm NOT saying in any way that she's getting married soon or not soon. I haven't talked to her in awhile and I have no clue as to the status of her love life. All I was saying is that if she does get married someday, I'd love to go, and I hope you'd be able to go, too! Anyways...) Love you!