Monday, August 29, 2011

Nighty Night

It's late (I guess you're "old" when 11:15 is late) but if I don't share this I think I'll just burst!!!

2 days ago I asked Zach to help me research different sleeping techniques... FOR JEFFERSON. He still doesn't sleep through the night, and his 23 lbs figure lets me know its not because he is starving, but that it's more out of habit. We were out of town, then he's been sick, now teething... but for as patient as I've tried to be... I think I hit my limit. So anyway, I had this Secrets of the Baby Whisperer book that my lovely sister Emily had sent to me when we had Reagan... 6 years ago. TWICE I specifically remember almost throwing it in the D.I pile because I'd already read it, and back then my kids didn't even need it!

Well I must have known deep down that a baby like Jefferson was going to come around because I kept it... so Zach and I tore it apart for advice. We found good info on how you should START OFF when they are born... with good habits. Nothing about a mother who just spoils her 4th to death, or an almost 1 year old who doesn't know how to self soothe to sleep!

Last night Zach put a fully fed baby into the crib. He screamed for 25 minutes, then cried for 15 minutes, then whimpered for 5 minutes, then passed out! I could hardly believe it! I attributed this to Jefferson being COMPLETELY exhausted and the fact that Zach was the one to put him in the crib. He woke up at 10:45, ate, and went right back to sleep until 5:45! The absurd thing is, that we have tried to let him "cry it out" before. HONESTLY!

So tonight I decided to see if I could put him to bed. Once I set him in the crib he started wailing!! I had to run though my bedroom and into my bathroom so that I wouldn't be able to hear him cry. After brushing my teeth and cleaning up the kids mess after they had brushed their teeth, I came out into my room which was silent! The baby monitor was on, and it was DEAD SILENT! 5 minutes was all that had elapsed! 5 stinkin minutes!!!!

Now I don't want to jinx myself, and it's possible to have two flukey nights in a row... but here is to hoping!!!

2 comments:

Samye said...

Wohoo!! Keep it up, and be strong!!! (I mean after having that much sleep you HAVE to because who really likes waking up that much at night???)

Mary B said...

I love you! Your babies are so lucky to have such a great mom.