Hang out with baby donkeys....
Play at the skate park...
Make funny faces...
Mingle with more donkeys....
Get trapped between two donkeys....
Pet more baby donkeys....
Practice walking....
Get a little more daring on the skate ramps.... (hence the helmet mandated by mom)
Crawl all over the sidewalk avoiding the camera...
Have a standoff... man vs. wild ... I wonder who will win???
Did I mention that is was 91 degrees here today? We were all sweating bullets! It is crazy that last week we had a few days that were a high of 65... and this week we were back into the 90's! My kids wanted to go swimming :) Too bad the water in the pools doesn't jump back up that fast!
On a side note: A lady who lives in this tiny town with the donkey's caught me throwing Froot Loops at the donkeys. She rolled her car window down and told me NOT TO FEED THE DONKEYS. IT KILLS THEM. Apparently the donkeys start following cars to try and get food and then get hit by cars in the process. I tried to reassure her that I don't normally feed the donkeys... it just so happened that when she was driving by, one of the adult donkeys was chasing McKinley and trying to eat an apple that was in her hand. So I quickly threw a handful of Froot Loops down on the ground to distract him long enough for her to jump in the van. Well... the lady couldn't have cared less and continued to lecture me about killing the wild burros. So I smile and nodded. What I didn't tell her, but what I was thinking, was that if it's between me killing the wild donkeys with Froot Loops and my 4 year old getting bit by one... those Jack A's better get out of my way!!! City girl... coming though!
p.s. to my side note: EVERY DAY that I drive out there to pick up my kids... I see HANDFULS of TOURISTS FEEDING THE DONKEYS. So I doubt my 1/4 of a cup of Froot Loops is the actual killer. I do, however, plan on starting up a fund for "Tourist Awareness". See sidebar for a pay-pal link if you'd like to donate.
2 comments:
Gotta love that small community! :) You animal killer, you! (Madisen & Reagan have the same shoes... love them)
Those donkeys scare me. I'd throw food at them to get them away from my kids too. It looks like your kids really love it out there!
Post a Comment