The Friday after Thanksgiving... we didn't waste our time or money shopping for gifts that may or may not be loved and cherished by others. Instead we ate leftovers all day then got our race on at Pole Position. I will admit that it's an interesting name for a go kart facility in Las Vegas, and they DO have poles... but the poles there, are bright yellow and have emergency lights on them (as seen in the photo below)
Whitney, Jeff, Greg, Zach, Sam and myself... all signed up for 3 races. Each race is 15 laps. I only made it though lap 10 of our first race before I had to try and hold the stuffing down. It didn't help that I was focusing so hard as to not wreck again. Again? Yeah... that's right... I wrecked within the first 30 seconds of being on the track. I have a bruise the size of Texas to prove it! Unfortunately you'd have to be at a different kind of pole position for it to ever be seen. Let's just say it hurts to sit down on anything without a cushion. But I'm not complaining. I actually went there with every intention of NOT riding... but once we walked in the doors and I saw the cars, the stripes, and could smell burning rubber... my foot was itching to hit the pedal. Getting a little banged up is good for me. And every once in a while it's fun to have a few battle scars. Now I know when I want to feel tough and get a few nasty bruises I can go go-karting instead of paint-balling. I'd much rather be driving 40 mph in a go kart than to have paintballs shot at me that are traveling 180 mph!!! I'm rambling... so anyway...
The Crew!
Jeff & Sam getting ready to race.
Greg & Zach taking off...
The super huge score/time/lap board/tv/screen thing....
Jeff checking out his lap time... very happy with what he saw...
Sam, Greg, Zach & Jeff
Zach
Jefferson with my lens cover
Jeff
Really? Stretching? That's when I knew I was in deep trouble...
Sam warning us about his speed...
Greg finishing.
Cute little devil.
They look so shiny and cute! Too bad the were more like a death machine!!!
Oh... I really can't wait to go back. It was SUPER fun. If you're local and you want to hit the tracks... let us know. I'm always up for a little head to head competition!
No comments:
Post a Comment