Friday, October 5, 2012

Flashback Friday: October 2006



Zach got hired to do some work on a friends yacht in Ft Lauderdale Florida. Why am I in the photo then?? Great question :)

On a Monday morning in October back in 2006, Zach's friend called and said he was leaving on Wednesday night (2 days later) to fly to Florida and needed Zach's help. Zach refused at first, kindly telling his friend that he couldn't possibly leave an 8 month old pregnant wife alone for 4 days with 2 little kids. So his friend offered to fly us BOTH to Florida ... ALL EXPENSES PAID. Normally I would have said no, and my anxious nature would have made a million excuses to say no, but in this case I only had 2 days to worry about it. Zach really wanted to help his friend out, and we really couldn't afford any type of vacation like is on our own. I told him if we could EFFORTLESSLY find someone to watch the kids then I'd have no further hesitation.  My friend/college roommate Melissa from BYU had some time she NEEDED to take off work, and said she could fly into Vegas the night we flew out (I didn't even get to see her!). Then She flew home the night we flew in, crossing paths with me again ;( . What an angel she was! Had I not had perfect arrangements made for Lincoln (2.5 years old) and Reagan (15 months old), there is NO WAY I would have ever left. I cried for an hour at the airport, especially when someone asked "It's not like it's the first time you've left your kids..... right???". Oh the good ol' bawl baby days :)

We had a fantastic trip. Nothing like laying around getting fed by a full time chef on a beautiful yacht during the best time of year in Florida while 8+ months pregnant. 

1 comment:

melissa said...

Good times!!! I'm so glad I got to be mama to your kids for a few days. :) It was good practice. They are all so cute and sweet and fun. I'd do it again in a heartbeat! (but this time with my own two kids in tow...it would be a PARTY!!)