Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Chicken Coop


I'm such a slacker when it comes to posting. The chicken coop has been done for a few weeks now. It's hidden behind a gate that Zach made between our house and the neighbors. Originally it was supposed to hide our trash cans, but it doubles to also hide our chickens. Our neighbors are thrilled about the chickens (for now)... and love having "pets" right outside their kitchen window too! I promised them eggs once they start coming, which leads me to Zach's discovery this morning. He went out to check on the chickens, and the chicken that we had suspected was a rooster, TRIED TO COCK-A-DOODLE-DO! It sounds like he is in puberty right now, so it's screechy and he only gets through have of it... which is even worse! He's going to have to become dinner SOON before he becomes a loud problem and draws attention to our side yard.

3 comments:

Amy said...

How fun! Your kids have got to be in heaven :)

janet said...

awesome. I am glad you live a few streets away... cause I don't want to hear that cock-A-doodle-Do anytime soon. But I am sure your neighbors will love the eggs!

MyOwnLittleCornerhttp://lovinnarobb.blogspot.com/ said...

A "chicken" condo. Most birds do not have such a fancy setup. Our little guys were lucky to have a few crumbs thrown on the ground. First class all the way. These chickens will be laying eggs in no time.