Friday night (after a long stressful week) Reagan and I decided would try to see the live nativity. We should have gone during the week when it could have possibly been less busy, but our busy week didn't allow it. I knew that we wouldn't have the time to try and attempt it after our ward party on Saturday, so at 7:45 we jumped in the car. We arrived at opportunity village (where the little production was taking place) at 7:55. As we RAN to the seats we saw that there were absolutely NO SEATS LEFT. There was no way that we were going to stand in the cold on the side for 30 minutes with the hope that we could catch a glimpse. But as we turned to leave we saw a friend (Lucas Miller) trying to cuddle his little boy. He told me that his wife had a seat for him, but there was no way his son was going to sit still for 30 minutes. Then.... he offered us HIS SEAT. When we found his wife, we felt so lucky... she was sitting FRONT AND CENTER! The production was so sweet. Reagan LOVED IT, as did I. I teared up multiple times probably due to the fact that
a. I just had a baby and am emotional.
b. I just had a baby and could only imagine what Mary and Joseph went through. Granted... I just had a baby at home, but a STABLE? In the cold? With animals all around? Then people coming to visit hours after he was born!
c. I knew that Jesus Christ is our Savior and Redeemer.
I am grateful for this time of year when we can teach our children (and remind ourselves) about Jesus Christ and his love for all of us. I hope that we can all take a moment to share the love that we feel and help others in need.
1 comment:
What a perfect mom and daughter date!
Post a Comment