A few days ago we had the awesome opportunity to go visit a local fire station! A gal in my ward has a firefighter husband, so he took time on his day off to give over 2 dozen kids (plus moms), a tour. I LOVE stuff like this! It was fun for both adults and kiddos! I know the whole thing was set up for our kids... but I didn't hesitate to ask questions (I had about a million) and found everything so fascinating.
I wish I could have taken better pictures, but Jefferson was being way to wiggly and even with a sling around him, I almost dropped him a half dozen times.
Nate (Holly's husband) actually works at a fire station down town near the strip. He gets called out ALL DAY EVERY DAY at his station. The station we visited, #66 (which was nestled in quiet ol' Mountains Edge) only gets called out a fraction of the time! I guess the higher you move up, and the more seniority you have, the farther away from danger you can work :)
It was cool to see their kitchen, sleeping quarters, TV room, and to hear a fake call come in over the speakers. When they did a test call (so we knew what it sounded like every time a call came into the station), I started to get a little anxious... and almost reached for my Tums.
The kids of course loved checking out the fire gear, truck, tools used (ie: jaws of death), and spraying the hose at the end.

I really love opportunities like this. I love that my kids can see different occupations and think about wether or not it is something they would want to pursue.
Thanks again Holly for setting up our tour! And thank Nate for the amazing tour (I'm sure he doesn't read blogs... he's too busy putting out fires and saving cats;)! You Guys Rock!!!!!
1 comment:
i'm so glad you came and that you had fun!!!
Post a Comment