Friday, September 9, 2011

Loose Tooth AWAY...



Lincoln can't seem to keep his teeth in his mouth these days!

Here is documentation of tooth lost #5.

I swear... my kids take FOREVER to get their teeth in (as babies) and then take forever to start losing them (which I'm fine with). But in the meantime, they ask me (almost daily) to check for wiggly teeth!


Lincoln has had two wiggly teeth for a while but just wasn't ready to for me to yank um out. I'm a dental floss kind of mom... not a tissue or pliers... just incase you were wondering.

I've learned that the anticipation of losing the tooth is MUCH worse than the actual losing of it. So on this beautifully pained morning... Lincoln was tired of it hurting every time he chewed his food. So he brought me the floss. I tied it on his tooth. TIGHT. Told him the knot would probably slip off the first time. Said I would count to 3. And yanked the tooth out on 2 :)

He laughed and didn't turn green (like he had for the first 4 teeth), put the tooth in a baggy, and put it under his pillow.

This was 3 weeks ago.

2 days ago.... he come to me with dental floss... AGAIN. He's ready to pull out the matching tooth. But HE wants to do it. I barely had time to prep him. Seconds after I had secured and knotted the floss... he yanked upwards and POP! He screamed with surprise and delight "I DID IT. I DID IT. I DID IT". Then he turns to me and says... "Mom, you've been pulling way harder than you needed to.", then ran off to get a tissue. Hmmmm... I was only using a lot of force because I always wanted to make sure it came all the way out. I guess he'll be pulling out all his own teeth from now on now that he's a pro!

No comments: