Sunday, April 15, 2012

Time flies....

.....when you're raising kids, driving to school, doing laundry, visiting family, cleaning house, making breakfast - lunch & dinner, helping with homework, painting nails, detangling hair, changing diapers, cleaning out the van, etc....

I don't know about the rest of you out there in bloggy world... but I feel like just yesterday was January 1st! I remember a time (that seemed not very long ago) where I felt like the days took forever, and the weeks/months/years took even longer!!!! Nowadays I feel like every morning when I wake up, I've actually just slept through 2 (or more) days, missing events, deadlines, and opportunities during my mini coma,  but without the benefit of extra DAYS of sleeping!! Of course that is all in my head and I unfortunately don't slip in and out of comas.... but it feels like I do sometimes. 6 out of 7 days I go to sleep wishing I had just 3 extra hours left in that day. But sure enough... midnight hits and then my new day begins, and before it's really began, I can already tell I'm running out of time in THAT day, and that I'll be thinking the same exact thing 23.75 hour later. Sigh.

It's been 2 months and 11 days since my last post. One day when I grow up, I'm going to have bucket loads of time to blog. But I'm sure when that day comes... I wont have nearly as many fascinating things to blog about. I remember my wise sister saying one time after a long visit... "Of course we didn't take any pictures! We were too busy having fun!" I feel this is so true in my blogging world. I have so many funny stories to tell, and experiences to share, but I am too busy creating new stories and having new experiences to slow down and share. However I really love having a record of our best times and worst times... so I'm back at it!

Here's hoping I can post a few....



Kate


p.s. Any advice on how to post more regularly? Anyone? Spill your guts! Give me YOUR secret!!! I'm dying to know!

3 comments:

Sarah Steele said...

I got the blogger app for my iphone. That way I can upload pictures straight from the iphone while I'm waiting to fall asleep at night. Or on the toilet. Hooray for multi-tasking!

Alli Waldron said...

I just blog one night a week. Maybe you could make it part of relaxing on Sundays?

Susan May said...

Kate! I just caught up on all your posts - starting with your rolls update. You *have* been a busy woman! I thought that I had checked a while ago, but that time warp thing must have messed with my mind.
It helped me to publicly say I was going to post on Mondays and Fridays - maybe you can aim for twice a month even? I don't know - it's hard. My blog that is more about the kiddos and our adventures gets sorely neglected. I have so many pictures that haven't been touched.

Anyways, I loved all the updates and pictures. You Headlee girls were always SO MUCH FUN! Keep at it Kate!